Friday, June 24, 2011

Yummy goodness




I had to make up for lost time today with my tummy not being very well. These 3 things I have been told come highly recommended in the Sheung Wan area. And so it was my mission today:

Won ton from Mak's noodles - Mum apparently went there 4 days in a row. The bowl is small and so is the won ton but they are so tasty. The broth is also drink-worthy and includes prawns in the stock. The tables have a review by Anthony Bourdain under the glass tabletop. HKD$30 which is approximately AUD$4. Great snack. The egg noodles were thin and chewy too...I hope I can fit another bowl in before I go.

Hand made fish ball congee from I think Law Fu Kee Noodles Shop on Lyndhurst Terrace (the name is in chinese) - my high school friend said they are quite well known for their beef congee (which I forgot!) and their hand made fish balls.....I got this takeaway as after eating my entree of won ton, I wanted to collect the congee then the custard tarts.

Darn tarts (custard tarts) from Honolulu Cafe on Stanley Street - I waited for 30 minutes for these to come out of the oven. Yesterday they were all gone, when I arrived around 12pm today a bunch of tourists from China bought them all! I ate one fresh out of the oven - it had not set yet but was warm goodness. A cooler one was still good too - not too rich, although I would have liked the pastry to be more flakey. But the balance between the custard and the pastry works well.




No comments:

Post a Comment