Monday, June 6, 2011

Refuel




I almost forgot to post the pics from my brunch at Refuel (next to Maenam) on Saturday. I was tossing up between the duck confit hash with spinach (doesn't seem to be on the website), the crispy pork cheek terrine and the brioche french toast with apricots and almond milk. I chose the terrine on the waiter's recommendation.

crispy pork cheek terrine
broccoli, roasted almonds, fried egg 11

The portion was very filling (between an entree and main size), and I needed to have some bread with it as it was quite heavy for a brunch item. The terrine had texture with different parts of the pork included. It was served with almost caramelised broccoli flourets (can you caramelise that?), some kind of slightly spicy but sweet sauce and some nuts for more texture, with a fried egg. Breakfast meets lunch or dinner - I guess it's a brunch item then?! It was exceptional for the price too. I'm torn now between trying the french toast here or at Jethro's. May have to see where cousin G prefers. It's the same price.

I had a 'botanically brewed' lemonade as well. I'm not sure what that means but it tasted good. The website says 'We squeeze the juice of one and a half lemons into every bottle and blend them with fine ginger root, speedwell and juniper extracts. This is a lemonade like your nana used to make, a real thirst quencher like no other!'

I'm glad my cousins told me about this place.

http://www.refuelrestaurant.com/
http://www.drinkfentimans.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment