Wednesday, June 1, 2011

WYSIWYG

This is pretty normal : the girl in the pic was wearing different colour socks on each foot too.
I also saw a girl wearing a fluro green tutu today over black shorts.
And if you are wondering where I see these things, it's where I'm living in Kitsilano area which is equivalent to Mosman!



What you see is what you get.....here in the 'Couve.

A few friends suggested I pair things back a bit in selecting outfits for my trip....'you are going to BIble College you know'. But how could I be myself if I don't dress like myself?

I've been trying to observe what the dress culture is like the past week and there is one word for it - eclectic! You know in Sydney or New York when you generally can spot a person and then categorise their look? It's not possible here.

This was confirmed by my conversation with Jo (friend of CP) & Lisl (housemate and friend of CP). Anything goes Lisl tells me! (Lisl has red ankle boots with stud detailing and these orangey-pink hued patent leather sneakers, for everyday wear)

I almost think if you dressed in designer clothes (for example what you would find in New York) you would look totally out of place here. I did bring one of my vintage skirts (intended to be worn in cool weather with pink stockings) and my Ginger & Smart dress - I think I could whip them out at some stage if only it would get warmer...

Some outfits I've seen do look like they just grabbed a few items off a rack in a consignment store blind folded, but that's OK - it doesn't matter here! : ) (Well, it shouldn't matter anywhere)

Yesterday I saw 2 window washers, wearing kilts - I so wanted to take a picture of them but was too embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment