Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Maenam



I went to the physio this afternoon - apparently my body is totally shot from being sick for 5 weeks, doing 2 flights, not sleeping well and sitting in class for long periods of time in non-ergonomic chair-desks. Great!

I happened to write my cousin's name on the emergency contact field and the physio knows her as well as the two Ns from Regent! One of N's friends stayed with the physio for a term at Regent. Such a small world....

I went to 4th Avenue to visit Lululemon (went a bit crazy) for some more exercise gear as it's a bit cheaper here than in Sydney. G had recommended Maenam and Refuel as eating options so I went to Maenam (Zagat's rated) for dinner solo.

I am SO full. It was a welcome refreshment to my taste buds as I have been sticking to simple and easy. I had the green mango salad with grilled albacore tuna with toasted cashew nuts, sliced green mangoes and lime zest. It was possibly too heavy handed with the dressing even when paired with rice. I had a cocktail (ginger, ginger beer and I can't remember what else!) with 1 ounce instead of 2 ounces of alcohol but it still affected me undesirably. The drink itself was very gingery and sweet, so I'm hoping it was OK. In hindsight I should have stuck to mineral water or tea.

I was a bit puzzled by the choice of table top - I thought it didn't match the rest of the decor, and with the hostess and wait staff all dressed in black, a white tablecloth would have been preferred. Too harsh?!

http://www.maenam.ca/

1938 West 4th Avenue

Vancouver

No comments:

Post a Comment