Thursday, June 16, 2011

Solly's cinnamon-y buns

Solley's cinnamon buns

Solly's chocolate buns (untested)

En route to Whistler today we picked up a cinnamon bun from Solly's - the bun of contention between CP and CR....Grounds for Coffee versus Solly's, although admittedly CP acknowledges they are different.

So, Solly's is tightly coiled into a bun and no icing. It definitely had a denser (but good) and more cinnamon sweetness taste. I think I may prefer Solley's as I am not a super sweet tooth, although the icing on GFC buns is good.

I think it's a very close call and I'm not sure I could make one. I haven't tried the GFC bun without icing so maybe I'd be happy to say with icing GFC and without icing Solly's. Fair call I think!

P.S. I tried 2 Solly's bagels last week and they were not so great.....the best are Nature's Blend from Safeway. Sometimes the best things can be found in a supermarket!

www.groundsforcoffee.ca
www.sollysbagelry.co

No comments:

Post a Comment