Saturday, June 4, 2011

Jethros & Dunbar




Another trip to the physio after class today, my body is still adjusting to 'study pose'.
I'm not sure I could do this long term physically speaking. I'm super stiff but hyper-flexible. An unfortunate combination.

I sought consolation at Jethro's which happens to be not far from the physio. CP went with a friend for brunch last weekend so I was keen to give it a try. Especially after checking out the menu on-line:
http://www.jethrosfinegrub.com/#!__menu

It was lunchtime so I couldn't really justify eating something sweet, although I think I will go next week for arvo tea. A lady had ordered pancakes and they were massive - everyone's jaw dropped when they came out. Her comment was 'gee, let me order the large serving next time...does anyone want to share this with me' (as she literally announced to the whole restaurant - I was wondering if I could ask to take a picture or have a try! Hmm, maybe not. They are the biggest pancakes I have ever seen. Barely fits on a large dinner plate. Easily shared between 2-3 people, seriously. Needless to say she took a fair chunk of it home with her.

After seeing the serving sizes I decided to stick to the small block ie. hamburger. The fries are thin the way I like them and they also have the skin still on. The burger had a charcoal/smokey flavour to it but apart from that it wasn't too special. CP did warn me Vancouver does not do burgers exceptionally well. In hindsight I should have tried the one with mushrooms or the baked five cheese macaroni or something I wouldn't get in Oz. But knowing me I may find it too rich. Next time maybe shared so that whoever I'm with can also share dessert.

They have a range of french toast where the serving size seems more reasonable. Next time!

I walked home after filling myself but didn't manage to finish the chips and left the top bun which I always do. I still think people miss the true taste of a burger if they eat it with both top and bottom buns!

Some pictures walking down Dunbar St - so relaxing with the huge mountains in the background and the green and dark maroon leaves..... I am yet to fathom really how enormous those mountains are. They do remind me every time I see them of the Bible verse in Isaiah 52:7:

How beautiful on the mountains
are the feet of those who bring good news,
who proclaim peace,
who bring good tidings,
who proclaim salvation,
who say to Zion,
“Your God reigns!”


No comments:

Post a Comment