Monday, June 6, 2011

Stuffed myself with a stuffed bagel




I was wandering around Granville Island after church and was trying to find something to eat. I was almost going to try some perogies (but was thinking they look too much like dumplings), but went in search of bagels instead that I remember seeing. There are 2 things I need to compare while I'm here:

1. Bagels - the ones CP buys from the supermarket are light and chewey, then there is Solley's that CR raves about and then there are the ones at Granville. Here I thought there was no queue but then realised it was around the corner. I spyed smoked meat filled bagels, cheese filled bagels and spinach filled bagels! And so, I found myself queueing which I never do....picture above of the smoked meat one I ate.
2. Cinnamon buns - there are the ones from Grounds for Coffee near CPs place which I have had several of, then there are the ones from Solley's again and then I found one at Granville from Terra Breads.

I'm feeling a bit stodgy from eating the bagel - managed to eat most of it in Granville Loop Park then ate the rest at home. It was filled with pastrami like meat with a bit of tomato throughout. If you get the sandwich version it comes with mustard and pickle which may have been a better choice. I don't need to eat another one anytime soon - I wish I had someone to share the meat filled one and the cheese filled one!

Note there is a difference between the smoked meat sandwich and the smoked meat filled bagel!

http://siegelsbagels.com/menus/menu

No comments:

Post a Comment