Friday, June 19, 2009

Choo Choo to Epping








































A new train line opened up a number of months ago in Sydney from Chatswood to Epping.  I was pretty amazed at the enormity of the project when I caught the train this morning to work.

It was very early in the morning so only a few other commuters on the train but it was kind of nice to be able to appreciate it quietly.

I may not have caught a train in a while but was impressed with the moveable foot rests (smart move to avoid all those feet on seats), but moreso the very long escalators that made you feel like you were appearing from inside the depths of the earth.  The escalator in the above pic is just one of the two you need to ride up to ground level.

My friend KS tells me that the station design matched the ones in Washington DC.

Just call me an unexpected train geek.

2 comments: