Sunday, February 1, 2009

One of my most favourite things - a shoe with attitude







I bought these shoes from the Marni store in Singapore on a big trip in July 2005 with my best 'most fashionable' friend J (You will hear lots about him in regards to my style evolution). This trip we went to San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Didcot & Singapore in 27 days. I acquired some very special pieces along the way...these shoes were one of them and remain my favourite all time shoe today. They don't see the light of day very much because I can't walk very far in them due to 'old age' problems. But I love them for what they are and will never part with them. I love that they can be worn with the collar down or up!

I have noticed the past few seasons that collared shoes have crept in which annoys me especially if it is reproduced without quality. I love having unique or hard to find pieces....But I bask in the knowledge that I found and appreciated my Marni's 3 years ago and the leather is butter soft....

Marni: Designed by Consuela Castiglioni since 1994, based in Milan. Feminine, arty, funky, quirky, bohemian, brightly coloured yet elegant. She began with womenswear and branched into menswear October 2001. Consuela describes her work as 'Free from formal constraints. It's dressing with patchworks of fragments, shreds. It's conceiving a narrative wardrobe.'
Ultimately eclectic yet timeless which is what I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment