Friday, February 20, 2009

United Nude Shoe













These shoes were my 'warm-up' purchase in Nolita. I think my Mum actually has a pair of shoes from this designer (or ones that look like them) which shouldn't surprise me as she was always slightly fashion forward introducing me to the likes of Vivienne Westwood and Melissa before they became fashionable!

I love the simplicity of the design and yet with a twist. I was originally looking at the black with white heel however my size was not available. But this light pink will also work well and help soften my wardrobe. I was aiming for a pair of heels as well but perhaps thankfully not in my size.

United Nude: Established in 2003 by Rem D Koolhaas & Galahad Clark, they are known for their 'clear concept, elegance and innovation', often collaborating with architects, fashion designers, magazine editors and photographers.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, I really like your blog...I love that even though luxuries like fancy cool shoes are strictly off limits for me right now I can somehow feel like they are part of my life again :-) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen, thanks for your comment. I'm still breaking the shoes in, debating on whether elasticated shoes are the way to go. Glad you like the blog, it's a creative outlet for me while I'm not working, esp on days I'm at home alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool shoes! i love it that it is pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you do love pink! : )

    I haven't worn them much as still breaking them in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love United Nude
    have you seen the new Spring collection?
    www.unitednude.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for referring me to the new collection - I'm loving the Ruby shoes in cool colours. I tried to get the Eamz shoe when I was in NY but there were none in my size.

    ReplyDelete