Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cooookkiiiieeeesssss






























































Sydney weather has been very humid and hot the past few weeks, or that could just be a very long week given my memory is failing me lately.

I've been hankering to bake some Bill Granger choc chip cookies - CP style. I say CP style as my friend CP substitutes choc chips for a real block of chocolate chopped up. Dad recently gave me some macadamias which would not be my nut of choice to just snack on. Given that my Dad highlighted how expensive macadamias are I thought I better use some up....so I've added some chopped ones in and they taste pretty good....

I'm wondering whether I should even take them into work to share now that I think these are probably the best batch so far?

CP-Soho Modified Chopped Choc Cookies (modified from bill granger's 'sydney food')

125g unsalted butter, softened 1 1/4 cups tightly packed brown sugar

1 tsp vanilla essence 1 lightly beaten egg

1 1/2 cups plain flour 1/2 tsp baking powder

pinch of salt 200g block of chocolate (dairy/dark/white) chopped up

Handful of macadamia nuts chopped up

******

Preheat oven to 180°c (350°F).

Beat butter and sugar in a bowl until light and creamy. Do this literally - merely mixing the butter and sugar will not work. Add vanilla and egg and stir to combine.

Stir in sifted flour , baking powder and salt until just combined. it will initially look dry but stick to the recipe. Fold through chopped choc and nuts.

Place spoonfuls (Use tablespoon for smaller bite size or larger spoons for larger cookies) of cookie mix onto a lined baking tray allowing room for expansion.

Cook for 10 (tablespoon/small cookies) - 20 mins (larger cookies) until golden.

Cool on the tray for 5 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

(Makes approx 30 small cookies, or 16 larger cookies)

No comments:

Post a Comment